|There are many subjects that you can take at school.
|My favorite subject is music.
|I like to sing and to play the clarinet.
|I also like art.
|I am quite good at drawing and painting.
|History is a good subject.
|I like learning about the past.
|Geography is very interesting.
|We look at many maps in geography.
|We learn where there are deserts and mountains.
|I know the names of all the continents and all the oceans.
|Mathematics is my least favorite subject.
|I am not very good with numbers.
|I am good at addition and subtraction,
|but I am not good at division and multiplication.
|In my school we learn to speak French.
|We learn French because Canada has French and English-speaking citizens.
|English literature is a good subject.
|I enjoy reading books.
|I also like to write compositions and poetry.
|Science is my brother’s favorite subject.
|He is interested in plants, and he likes to do experiments.
|We also take drama at my school.
|I like to act.
|I got the lead role in the school play.
Exercise for this lesson:
- What is the author’s favorite subject at school?
- What musical activities does the author enjoy?
- What is the author good at in the subject of art?
- Why does the author like history?
- What does the author find interesting about geography?
- Which subject does the author find challenging in school?
- What is the reason for learning French at the author’s school?
- What is the author’s favorite part of English literature?
- Which subject is the author’s brother interested in, and why?
- What extra-curricular activity does the author participate in at school, and what role did they get in the school play?
Please comment your answers!