|There is always housework to do when you live in a house.
|You have to wash the windows so that you can see outside.
|The floors and the carpets need to be vacuumed.
|The floors also need to be washed, and some of them need to be waxed.
|The furniture has to be polished.
|The bathroom has to be kept clean.
|After you have a bath, you need to clean out the bathtub.
|Laundry needs to be done regularly, or you will run out of clothes to wear.
|The clothes go into the washing machine, and then they have to be dried in the dryer.
|Sometimes, we hang the clothes out on the line to be dried.
|Some of the clothes need to be ironed.
|You have to buy groceries and put them away.
|Meals need to be made.
|You can’t let the dishes pile up in the kitchen.
|The dishes have to be washed, and the counters need to be wiped.
|The stove needs to be cleaned, and sometimes the refrigerator and the cupboards need to be cleaned out.
|You can dust the furniture and sweep up the dirt.
|You can make the beds. The beds have to be changed too.
|They need to have clean sheets put on them.
|There are just so many things to do.
|Household chores take up a lot of time.
Exercise for this lesson:
- What are some tasks involved in housework mentioned in the paragraph?
- Why is it important to wash the windows?
- What appliances are mentioned in relation to doing laundry?
- How are some clothes dried after washing?
- What is mentioned about ironing in the paragraph?
- What tasks are involved in keeping the bathroom clean?
- Why is it necessary to do laundry regularly?
- What does the paragraph say about meals in relation to housework?
- What are some tasks involved in kitchen cleanup?
- According to the paragraph, why do household chores take up a lot of time?
Please comment your answers!